A CHAT WITH VALORIE HART AND ALBERTO PAZ
Alberto and Valorie, are Argentine tango master teachers from New Orleans, LA, USA. They are known to the world of tango for their wonderful newsletter/blog El Firulete.
Aside from El Firulete, Alberto and Valorie produce other blogs, podcasts and materials. See blogroll on the left.
In 2007 they published the definitive reference on structure of the Argentine tango, based on solid field and archival research. They watched and interviewed the scores of the old-time milongueros and systematized the knowledge in this unique book.
This book is an excellent help for dancers and teachers to sort out what and how to learn about the Argentine tango.
The topics of the interview: the evolution of the modern social tango, the teaching and learning styles, cultural differences. All accompanied by great musical intermissions, selected by Alberto and Valorie.
1. RECUERDO, Osvaldo Pugliese
2. DERECHO VIEJO, Juan D’Arienzo
3. GUAPEANDO, Anibal Troilo
4. LA CUMPARSITA, Alfredo De Angelis
5. BAILARIN COMPADRITO, Alfredo De Angelis with Oscar Larroca
6. ASI SE BAILA EL TANGO, Ricardo Tantri with Alberto Castillo
7. EL ONCE, Carlos Di Sarli
8. LA MARIPOSA, Osvaldo Pugliese
9. JOAQUINA, Juan D’Arienzo
10. MANANA ZARPA UN BARCO, Carlos Di Sarli with Roberto Rufino
We’d appreciate to hear from you, leave a comment please.